Thursday 28 November 2013

Brand Identity for my music magazine
I want my music magazine to attract the attention of a certain section of the British population, introducing these people to new music and getting them to go and experience music themselves. That may be through themselves going to gigs or picking up an instrument and begging to learn how to play it.
My target audience based on feedback and investigation by myself will be students ranging from 16 up to 26, as I think between these ages people are more likely to pick up an instrument or go to gigs and generally be more music involved. For example students doing GCSE’s, A-levels or even at university wanting to have a good time, experience new artists or music.
My magazine will have a minimalist theme as my questionnaire showed people would like this style, this is so it will be easy to read and the audience won’t be bored but information they don’t care about, I want to bring the most interesting news on some of the biggest artists but also insights in to how new and up-coming bands are progressing, I also want to be on top of major music news being one of the first magazines to have ‘breaking news’ but also information that other magazines do not show, so my audience gets ‘behind closed doors’ information.
I plan to write about more about bands rather than mainstream RnB music, unless a big news story in music has risen. I also want to include information on house music, major hip-hop names, some folk, rap and even drum and bass artists. This way I have a broad spectrum of genres included in my music magazine to draw a wide variety of people to read my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment